inSSIDer is an award-winning free Wi-Fi network scanner for Windows Vista and Windows XP. Because NetStumbler doesn’t work well with Vista and 64-bit XP, we built an open-source Wi-Fi network scanner designed for the current generation of Windows operating systems.
What’s Unique about inSSIDer?
- Use Windows Vista and Windows XP 64-bit.
- Uses the Native Wi-Fi API.
- Group by Mac Address, SSID, Channel, RSSI and “Time Last Seen.”
- Compatible with most GPS devices (NMEA v2.3 and higher).
How can inSSIDer help me?
- Inspect your WLAN and surrounding networks to troubleshoot competing access points.
- Track the strength of received signal in dBm over time.
- Filter access points in an easy to use format.
- Highlight access points for areas with high Wi-Fi concentration.
- Export Wi-Fi and GPS data to a KML file to view in Google Earth
InSSIDer is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. The source code is freely available from the public Subversion repository at http://www.metageek.net/svn/trunk.
You can download inSSIDer here:
Or read more here.