Katana is a portable multi-boot security suite which brings together many of today’s best security distributions and portable applications to run off a single Flash Drive. It includes distributions which focus on Pen-Testing, Auditing, Forensics, System Recovery, Network Analysis, and Malware Removal. Katana also comes with over 100 portable Windows applications; such as Wireshark, Metasploit, NMAP, Cain & Able, and many more.
New in V2
This version has a bunch of new stuff all around. One major addition to the project is Forge. This tool facilitates a simple point-and-click installation for adding even more distributions to Katana Bootable. This new version also adds the Computer Aided Investigative Environment (CAINE) for a live forensics environment and Kon-Boot for bypassing password. Much effort was placed on the installation of additional applications to the Katana Tool Kit. These new applications include Metasploit, NMAP, Cain & Able, John the Ripper, Cygwin, and more.
- the Ultimate Boot CD
- Ultimate Boot CD for Windows
- Ophcrack Live
- Puppy Linux
- Trinity Rescue Kit
- Darik’s Boot and Nuke (DBAN)
A full list of the tools available is here.
You can download Katana v2 here:
Or read more here.
Recent in Forensics:
- Mobius Forensic Toolkit 0.5.10 – Forensics Framework To Manage Cases & Case Items
- Rec Studio 4 – Reverse Engineering Compiler & Decompiler
- CAINE (Computer Aided INvestigative Environment) – Digital Forensics LiveCD
- Katana v1 (Kyuzo) – Portable Multi-Boot Security Suite
- Kon-Boot – Reset Windows & Linux Passwords
- Stoned Bootkit – Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 7 MBR Rootkit
Most Read in Forensics:
- NetworkMiner – Passive Sniffer & Packet Analysis Tool for Windows - 65,390 views
- raw2vmdk – Mount Raw Hard Disk (dd) Images As VMDK Virtual Disks - 27,907 views
- sslsniff v0.6 Released – SSL MITM Tool - 26,789 views