Ophcrack is a Windows password cracker based on a time-memory trade-off using rainbow tables. This is a new variant of Hellman’s original trade-off, with better performance. It recovers 99.9% of alphanumeric passwords in seconds.
We mentioned it in our RainbowCrack and Rainbow Tables article.
- (feature) support of the new table set (alphanum + 33 special chars – WS-20k)
- (feature) easier configuration for the table set (tables.cfg)
- (feature) automatic definition of the number of tables to use at the same time (batch_tables) by queriying the system for the size of the memory
- (feature) speed-up in tables reading
- (feature) cleaning of the memory to make place for table readahead (linux version only)
- (feature) improved installer for windows version
- (fix) change of the default share for pwdump4 (ADMIN$)
Get it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/ophcrack