Technitium MAC Address Changer allows you to change Media Access Control (MAC) Address of your Network Interface Card (NIC) irrespective to your NIC manufacturer or its driver. It has a very simple user interface and provides ample information regarding each NIC in the machine. Every NIC has a MAC address hard coded in its circuit by the manufacturer. This hard coded MAC address is used by windows drivers to access Ethernet Network (LAN). This tool can set a new MAC address to your NIC, bypassing the original hard coded MAC address. Technitium MAC Address Changer is a must have tool in every security professionals tool box. Technitium MAC Address Changer is coded in Visual Basic 6.0.
- Support for Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 added.
- Allows you to remove all registry entries corresponding to Network Adapter that is no longer physically installed on the system.
- Allows you to configure Internet Explorer HTTP proxy settings through configuration presets or command line.
- Issues with installer program resolved. (Thanks to all your feedbacks)
- Identifies the preset applied to currently selected Network Interface Card (NIC) automatically making it easy to identify settings.
- Most known issues with Windows Vista removed. (Thanks to all your feedbacks)
- Changes MAC address of Network Interface Card (NIC) including Wireless LAN Cards, irrespective of its manufacturer or its drivers.
- Has latest list of all known manufacturers (with corporate addresses) to choose from. You can also enter any MAC address and know which manufacturer it belongs to.
- Allows you to select random MAC address from the list of manufacturers by just clicking a button.
- Restarts your NIC automatically to apply MAC address changes instantaneously.
- Allows you to create Configuration Presets, which saves all your NIC settings and makes it very simple to switch between many settings in just a click and hence saves lot of time.
- Allows you to Import or Export Configuration Presets to or from another file, which saves lot of time spent in reconfiguration.
- Allows you to load any Configuration Presets when TMAC starts by just double clicking on any Configuration Preset File. (*.cpf file extension)
- Has command line interface which allows you to perform all the tasks from the command prompt or you can even create a DOS batch program to carry out regular tasks. (see help for command line parameter details)
- Allows you to export a detailed text report for all the network connections.
- Displays all information you would ever need to know about your NIC in one view like Device Name, Configuration ID, Hardware ID, Connection Status, Link Speed, DHCP details, TCP/IP details etc.
You can download Technitium v5 here:
Or read more here.