Technitium MAC Address Changer allows you to change Media Access Control (MAC) Address of your Network Interface Card (NIC) irrespective to your NIC manufacturer or its driver. It has a very simple user interface and provides ample information regarding each NIC in the machine. Every NIC has a MAC address hard coded in its circuit by the manufacturer. This hard coded MAC address is used by windows drivers to access Ethernet Network (LAN). This tool can set a new MAC address to your NIC, bypassing the original hard coded MAC address. Technitium MAC Address Changer is a must tool in every security professionals tool box. Technitium MAC Address Changer is coded in Visual Basic 6.0.
There are some famous, commercial tools available in the market for US$19.99 to as much as US$1500 (!), but Technitium MAC Address Changer is available for FREE. We don’t charge for just changing a registry value! Also knowing how this works doesn’t require extensive research as some commercial tool providers claim!
- Identifies the preset applied to currently selected Network Interface Card (NIC) automatically making it easy to identify settings.
- Changes MAC address of Network Interface Card (NIC) including Wireless LAN Cards, irrespective of its manufacturer or its drivers.
- Has latest list of all known manufacturers (with corporate addresses) to choose from. You can also enter any MAC address and know which manufacturer it belongs to.
- Allows you to select random MAC address from the list of manufacturers by just clicking a button.
- Restarts your NIC automatically to apply MAC address changes instantaneously.
- Allows you to create Configuration Presets, which saves all your NIC settings and makes it very simple to switch between many settings in just a click and hence saves lot of time.
- Allows you to Import or Export Configuration Presets to or from another file, which saves lot of time spent in reconfiguration.
- Has command line interface which allows you to perform all the tasks from the command prompt or you can even create a DOS batch program to carry out regular tasks.
You can download Technitium MAC Address Changer v4.8 here:
Or read more here.