The newest version of Technitium MAC Address Changer was released a while back, v4.7. There are some minor changes and it’s looking to be pretty polished for a free tool.
Of course some might say “It’s just a registry entry? What’s the big deal?” Well this just makes it easier, especially when you are doing audits and such changing your MAC address is something you might do quite often.
Technitium MAC Address Changer allows you to change Media Access Control (MAC) Address of your Network Interface Card (NIC) irrespective to your NIC manufacturer or its driver. It has a very simple user interface and provides ample information regarding each NIC in the machine. Every NIC has an MAC address hard coded in its circuit by its manufacturer. This hard coded MAC address is used by windows drivers to access Ethernet Networks (LAN). This tool can set a new MAC address to your NIC, bypassing the original hard coded MAC address.
Technitium MAC Address Changer v4.7 is coded in Visual Basic 6.0.
- Changes MAC address of Network Interface Card (NIC) including Wireless LAN Cards, irrespective of its manufacturer or its drivers.
- Has latest list of all known manufacturers (with corporate addresses) to choose from. You can also enter any MAC address and know which manufacturer it belongs to.
- Allows you to select random MAC address from the list of manufacturers by just clicking a button.
- Restarts your NIC automatically to apply MAC address changes instantaneously.
- Allows you to create Configuration Presets, which saves all your NIC settings and makes it very simple to switch between many settings in just a click and hence saves lot of time.
- Allows you to Import or Export Configuration Presets to or from another file, which saves lot of time spent in reconfiguration.
- Has command line interface which allows you to perform all the tasks from the command prompt or you can even create a DOS batch program to carry out regular tasks (see help for command line parameter details).
- Displays all information you would ever need to know about your NIC in one view like Device Name, Configuration ID, Hardware ID, Connection Status, Link Speed, DHCP details, TCP/IP details etc.
- Displays total bytes sent and received through the NIC.
- Displays current data transfer speed per second.
- Quick keyboard shortcuts for most operations.
You can download Technitium MAC Address Changer v4.7 here:
Or read more here.