Elevator Hacks – How To Override To Skip Floors

Keep on Guard!

These Elevator Hacks are old news to those who already know about it (Found out about it last year and tested it till now). But I just had to try it before actually posting it up.

Do you get tired of being in an elevator and someone else gets on every other floor in between the floors that you’re going to? Well, you’re in luck, today I’m going to tell you how to skip all other floors and go straight to the floor you want to get off.

Elevator Hacks – How To Override To Skip Floors

I’ve been trying this hack for some time now (since last year) and I can say that it works 100% so far. I used it in my home country as well as when I’m away on holiday to see and try if it works. I just came back from Singapore last week and I tried this hack on the elevators there and it worked. It was a 30th-floor building and I didn’t stop anywhere in between from ground floor to the 15th floor and i did this for the whole duration I was there. A good way to test this is to make sure you’re in the elevator alone and use the hack to go to a certain floor and see if it skips when someone somewhere tries to stop the elevator on your way to your floor.

Before I reveal this hack to all you peeps, I just want to say that, we at darknet.org.uk will not be held responsible for the chaos that will arise from this post that will result in people waiting for elevators everywhere. p(x_x)q

The Elevator Hack

“The designers of some elevators include a hidden feature that is very handy if you’re in a hurry or it’s a busy time in the building. While some elevators require a key, others can be put into “Express” mode by pressing the “door close” and “floor” buttons at the same time. This sweeps the car to the floor of your choice and avoids stops at any other floor. This seems to work on MOST elevators that i have tried. Most elevators have the option for this to work but on some of them, the option is turned off by whoever runs them. This is a rather fun hack, so the next time you are in an elevator, give it a try, you have nothing to lose.”

These elevator hacks work easiest on:

• Otis elevators
  • Dover elevators
  • Most Desert Elevators

Have a go at it and have fun !!! Let me know if you tried it on other brands of elevator that are not mentioned here. I’ll update the list.

Posted in: Hardware Hacking

OWASP ZSC - Obfuscated Code Generator Tool OWASP ZSC – Obfuscated Code Generator Tool
OWASP ZSC is an open source obfuscated code generator tool in Python which lets you generate customized shellcodes and convert scripts to an obfuscated script.
A Look Back At 2017 – Tools & News Highlights A Look Back At 2017 – Tools & News Highlights
So here we are in 2018, taking a look back at 2017, quite a year it was. Here is a quick rundown of some of the best hacking/security tools released in 2017, the biggest news stories and the 10 most viewed posts on Darknet as a bonus.
Spectre & Meltdown Checker - Vulnerability Mitigation Tool For Linux Spectre & Meltdown Checker – Vulnerability Mitigation Tool For Linux
Spectre & Meltdown Checker is a simple shell script to tell if your Linux installation is vulnerable against the 3 "speculative execution" CVEs that were made public early 2018.
Hijacker - Reaver For Android Wifi Hacker App Hijacker – Reaver For Android Wifi Hacker App
Hijacker is a native GUI which provides Reaver for Android along with Aircrack-ng, Airodump-ng and MDK3 making it a powerful Wifi hacker app.
Sublist3r - Fast Python Subdomain Enumeration Tool Sublist3r – Fast Python Subdomain Enumeration Tool
Sublist3r is a Python-based tool designed to enumerate subdomains of websites using OSINT. It helps penetration testers and bug hunters collect and gather subdomains for the domain they are targeting.
coWPAtty Download - Audit Pre-shared WPA Keys coWPAtty Download – Audit Pre-shared WPA Keys
coWPAtty is a C-based tool for running a brute-force dictionary attack against WPA-PSK and audit pre-shared WPA keys.

29 Responses to Elevator Hacks – How To Override To Skip Floors

1. Darknet March 16, 2006 at 10:25 am #

This is cool man, will have to try it out :D

2. evilfoo March 16, 2006 at 10:45 am #

I tried it for quite sometime now and so far 100% it works. So need to know which brand of elevators doesn’t. :)

3. backbone March 16, 2006 at 12:20 pm #

this is far off general hacking… awsome stuff…

4. Matt March 16, 2006 at 12:39 pm #

How do you know it works? If the lift doesn’t have any windows how do you know there are people on the interim floors trying to call the lift?

5. Navaho Gunleg March 16, 2006 at 1:18 pm #

Matt: Good point, you won’t notice if there aren’t any people on those floors.

The bigger the building, chances are there are, though.

6. Darknet March 16, 2006 at 2:27 pm #

Matt: Yah I agree with Navaho, but it’s true if you try it often in a high building (more than 10 floors) at peak times, and the lift never stops, you can assume it works :) I’m gonna start trying it anyway!

7. BlackWinged March 16, 2006 at 2:50 pm #

there IS a god and he finally responded to my prayers. I´ll never have to stop again because some noobs want to use MY (MY MY MY!!!) Elevator… harhar

8. Navaho Gunleg March 16, 2006 at 3:34 pm #

I find it rather curious that this affects multiple vendors.

Does this mean that they all had the same idea, or do elevator-producers all use standard components? (I’m leaning towards the latter.)

Considering this information has been on the internet for a while now, I also wonder if this ‘feature’ will be disabled by default in future installations…

This ‘hack’ is more and more reason to ‘experiment’ with public machinery that has a keypad on it, like ATM or soda machines.

Too bad I no longer work in a large office building though or I would’ve had some fun with this already. This would be terrible fun if you have to go all the way to the top and all the others in the carriage don’t. ;)

9. Ben March 16, 2006 at 8:57 pm #

In my old building pushing the open, close and Lobby button cleared all floors. I used it all the time when/if I pushed the wrong floor button in our parking garage. I believe the lift needed to be unlocked though.

10. arkantos March 17, 2006 at 4:46 am #

This is cool hack man. Eager to try and find out.

11. evilfoo March 17, 2006 at 7:02 am #

Matt: If you really want to know if it works, you can try and have someone somewhere in mid floor get in the elevator while you’re on your way up. :D

Some has even reported if you went to thedamnblog.com site in the comments, that some elevator stops and the outher elevator door opens but the elevator doors itself is shut and then it continues its way again to the floor you wanted to go. :D

12. Reno March 17, 2006 at 8:53 am #

Works best in the early morning and late afternoons, though if people watch what you’re doing, that could be the end of that hack fun in the building.

13. Leon March 17, 2006 at 10:14 am #

I think we can test this hack, here is the test case:
    1. If there are 10 levels, press 5th and 10th
    2. When the elevator stops at 5th, go out quickly and press down
    3. When it arrives at 10th, press use this hack with ground level
    4. Wait and see if you stop at 5th

14. Darknet March 17, 2006 at 10:29 am #

Leon: That would only work if there was only one lift dude, which is pretty uncommon, most places have a pool, so your lift might not have stopped there anyway.

15. Willy March 21, 2006 at 9:39 pm #

What if you enter the elevator whith people in it? Can I overrule their choosen floors, by use of the hack? That would be cool!

16. evilfoo March 22, 2006 at 3:29 am #

Willy: I’ve tried this. If you happened to be in the elevator with some peeps you can’t overide their choosen floor. It only works for people tring to get on YOUR elevator on your way up/down to your choosen floor.

17. Navaho Gunleg March 22, 2006 at 8:05 am #

I think it does, but you’ll have to try it out to be sure, of course. ;)

18. Navaho Gunleg March 22, 2006 at 3:57 pm #

Hey that’s weird — I responded to this thread earlier today and received a notification 54 minutes that a new response was posted by email.

Then I browse over here to discover a new reply above my own response? WTF? Heh

19. Darknet March 23, 2006 at 9:14 am #

That is weird….super mega time delay thingy? LOL

20. evilfoo March 25, 2006 at 6:57 am #

Aha !! It must the the combination buttons that i used to by-pass Navaho Gunleg who’s trying to get on my elevator !! ROTFL…

WeEeee…

21. alky April 5, 2006 at 7:03 am #

I tried in a OTIS lift, but didn’t work, I pressed “Express Mode” but it stopped 2 floors down :(

22. The Urban Kunoichi May 8, 2006 at 10:01 pm #

I have posted a few different lift/elevator hacks on my website which you could try out. As I haven’t been able to test them all myself, I would love to know if anyone else has and whether or not they work.

23. anon February 21, 2007 at 1:17 am #

…And by this, it’s rendered completely deadly feature; I mean, some stressed people might manage to fell down and break their necks in the elevator shaft…

Consider that before you do this.

24. Daniel June 6, 2007 at 5:22 am #

hacking big things is more fun than hacking little things.
    hacking the golden gate bridge > hacking a cassette player

25. Sir Henry December 16, 2007 at 2:19 pm #

I shall echo the sentiments above about whether this works and how to tell. Usually, when I am trying this, I do not have the time to plant someone on another floor to tell me if it worked. But, if it does work, I am 50/50 about whether there was simply no one else waiting to take the elevator, or it just worked. But, if I end up bypassing all floors and making it to my stop, then I am equally happy.

26. zupakomputer February 15, 2008 at 6:42 pm #

I’ve an aversion to lifts unless they’re glass and I can see through them; still though I’ll need to give this a go at some suitable point.

The one I’d like is the code to test out ATMs to make sure they give out money.

27. eM3rC February 16, 2008 at 3:43 am #

Glad it doesn’t speed up the elevator or anything like that :)

28. Pantagruel February 16, 2008 at 10:33 pm #

@eM3rC

Too bad, the once at my work could do with a speed boost.
    I’ll try the ‘hack’ next monday

29. eM3rC February 17, 2008 at 10:33 pm #

@Pantagruel
    That is awesome… Yet scary…
    I would not like the feeling of a plummeting elevator, although some might consider it a free roller coaster ride.