A new version of HoneyDrive, HoneyDrive 3 has been released codenamed Royal Jelly, Honeypots in a box is a great concept if you want to deploy a honeypot quickly without too much hassle.
HoneyDrive is the premier honeypot Linux distro. It is a virtual appliance (OVA) with Xubuntu Desktop 12.04.4 LTS edition installed. It contains over 10 pre-installed and pre-configured honeypot software packages such as Kippo SSH honeypot, Dionaea and Amun malware honeypots, Honeyd low-interaction honeypot, Glastopf web honeypot and Wordpot, Conpot SCADA/ICS honeypot, Thug and PhoneyC honeyclients and more. Additionally it includes many useful pre-configured scripts and utilities to analyze, visualize and process the data it can capture, such as Kippo-Graph, Honeyd-Viz, DionaeaFR, an ELK stack and much more. Lastly, almost 90 well-known malware analysis, forensics and network monitoring related tools are also present in the distribution.
- Virtual appliance based on Xubuntu 12.04.4 LTS Desktop.
- Distributed as a single OVA file, ready to be imported.
- Full LAMP stack installed (Apache 2, MySQL 5), plus tools such as phpMyAdmin.
- Kippo SSH honeypot, plus Kippo-Graph, Kippo-Malware, Kippo2MySQL and other helpful scripts.
- Dionaea malware honeypot, plus DionaeaFR and other helpful scripts.
- Amun malware honeypot, plus helpful scripts.
- Glastopf web honeypot, along with Wordpot WordPress honeypot.
- Conpot SCADA/ICS honeypot.
- Honeyd low-interaction honeypot, plus Honeyd2MySQL, Honeyd-Viz and other helpful scripts.
- LaBrea sticky honeypot, Tiny Honeypot, IIS Emulator and INetSim.
- Thug and PhoneyC honeyclients for client-side attacks analysis, along with Maltrieve malware collector.
- ELK stack: ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana for log analysis and visualization.
- A full suite of security, forensics and anti-malware tools for network monitoring, malicious shellcode and PDF analysis, such as ntop, p0f, EtherApe, nmap, DFF, Wireshark, Recon-ng, ClamAV, ettercap, MASTIFF, Automater, UPX, pdftk, Flasm, Yara, Viper, pdf-parser, Pyew, Radare2, dex2jar and more.
- Firefox add-ons pre-installed, plus extra helpful software such as GParted, Terminator, Adminer, VYM, Xpdf and more.
You can download HoneyDrive 3 here:
Or read more here.
- Facebook Launches ThreatExchange – Security Clearinghouse API
- Acunetix OVS Review (Online Vulnerability Scanner)
- isowall – Completely Isolate A Device From The Local Network
- HoneyDrive Desktop v0.2 Released – Honeypot LiveCD
- HoneyDrive – Honeypots In A Box
- HoneyBot – A Windows Based Honeypot
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,373 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,164 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,584 views