We wrote about this tool originally last year – NfSpy – ID-spoofing NFS Client – Falsify NFS Credentials – and a new version just came out!
NfSpy has just been updated to support NFSv3, a more efficient and widespread protocol than the previous NFSv2. NfSpy is a FUSE filesystem written in Python that automatically changes UID and GID to give you full access to any file on an NFS share. Use it to mount an NFS export and act as the owner of every file and directory.
NFS before version 4 is reliant upon host trust relationships for authentication. The NFS server trusts any client machines to authenticate users and assign the same user IDs (UIDS) that the shared filesystem uses. This works in NIS, NIS+, and LDAP domains, for instance, but only if you know the client machine is not compromised, or faking its identity. This is because the only authentication in the NFS protocol is the passing of the UID and GID (group ID). There are a few things that can be done to enhance the security of NFS, but many of them are incomplete solutions, and even with all three listed here, it could still be possible to circumvent the security measures.
- Use filehandles from packet captures instead of asking mountd.
- Hide from sysadmins by immediately “unmounting” while retaining access
- Specify port/protocol for NFS or Mountd if you don’t have access to the portmapper
You can download NfSpy here:
Or read more here.
Recent in Hacking Tools:
- LANs.py ARP Spoofer – Multithreaded Asynchronous Packet Parsing/Injecting
- hashcat – Multi-Threaded Password Hash Cracking Tool
- aidSQL – PHP Application For SQL Injection Detection & Exploitation
- NfSpy – ID-spoofing NFS Client – Falsify NFS Credentials
- XMPPloit – A Tool to Attack XMPP Connections
- Wep0ff – Wireless WEP Key Cracker Tool
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,825,814 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,015,032 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 605,997 views