A while back we had Wyd – Automated Password Profiling Tool but the guys at remote-exploit seem to have superseded this with CUPP.
There are other similar options too – The Associative Word List Generator (AWLG) and also RSMangler – Keyword Based Wordlist Generator For Bruteforcing.
People spend a lot of time preparing for effective dictionary attack. Common User Passwords Profiler (CUPP) is made to simplify this attack method that is often used as last resort in penetration testing and forensic crime investigations. A weak password might be very short or only use alphanumeric characters, making decryption simple. A weak password can also be one that is easily guessed by someone profiling the user, such as a birthday, nickname, address, name of a pet or relative, or a common word such as God, love, money or password.
Going through different combinations and algorithms, CUPP can predict specific target passwords by exploiting human vulnerabilities. In password creation, as in many aspects of life, everybody tends to the original solution, but thanks to human nature, we all tend to originality in the same way, leading to almost absolute predictability.
You can download CUPP v3.1 here:
Or read more here.
- RWMC – Retrieve Windows Credentials With PowerShell
- MITMf – Man-In-The-Middle Attack Framework
- LaZagne – Password Recovery Tool For Windows & Linux
- Passgen – Random Character Generator For WPA/WPA2 Key Cracking
- Crunch – Password Cracking Wordlist Generator
- CeWL v5.1 – Password Cracking Custom Word List Generator
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,955,258 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,336,111 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 666,258 views