RSMangler will take a word list and perform various manipulations on it similar to those done by John the Ripper with a few extras. It goes along well with our previous post on Password Cracking Wordlists and Tools for Brute Forcing.
The main new feature is permutations mode which takes each word in the list and combines it with the others to produce all possible permutations (not combinations, order matters). For example the words freds, fresh, fish will produce the following list:
Each of these new words is then subject to the other mangles, because of this we strongly recommend with permutations mode enabled (default) you use a very small wordlist, 3 start words create a final list containing 4245 words and 5 start words creates a list containing 91975. As a test we tried it with a few hundred words and gave up when the output file got to 3G. If you try to use a file with more than 5 words you will get a warning and the option to abort. Other mangles include adding the numbers 1 to 123 to the start and end, 01 to 09 to the start and end, various case manipulations, leet speak, word reversal, ed and ing on the end and doubling words up.
The initial wordlist can either be specified as a file or can be piped in through STDIN.
RSMangler is written in Ruby and therefore needs Ruby to be installed and working. The script needs to be made executable and it doesn’t rely on any gems or anything external.
You can download RSMangler here:
Or read more here.
- Radare – The Reverse Engineering Framework
- ZMap – Fast Open-Source Network Scanner
- Arachni v1.0 Released – Web Application Security Scanner Framework
- Crunch – Password Cracking Wordlist Generator
- CUPP – Common User Passwords Profiler – Automated Password Profiling Tool
- dnsmap 0.22 Released – Subdomain Bruteforcing Tool
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,874,951 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,069,308 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 627,301 views