After what feels like an eternity (one year to the date since Medusa version 1.5), Medusa 2.0 is now available for public download.
What is Medusa? Medusa is a speedy, massively parallel, modular, login brute-forcer for network services created by the geeks at Foofus.net.
It currently has modules for the following services: AFP, CVS, FTP, HTTP, IMAP, MS-SQL, MySQL, NCP (NetWare), NNTP, PcAnywhere, POP3, PostgreSQL, rexec, rlogin, rsh, SMB, SMTP (AUTH/VRFY), SNMP, SSHv2, SVN, Telnet, VmAuthd, VNC. It also includes a basic web form module and a generic wrapper module for external scripts.
- Thread-based parallel testing. Brute-force testing can be performed against multiple hosts, users or passwords concurrently.
- Flexible user input. Target information (host/user/password) can be specified in a variety of ways. For example, each item can be either a single entry or a file containing multiple entries. Additionally, a combination file format allows the user to refine their target listing.
- Modular design. Each service module exists as an independent .mod file. This means that no modifications are necessary to the core application in order to extend the supported list of services for brute-forcing.
This release contains the most significant changes to the core of Medusa since its original release in 2005. We’ve moved to a “real” thread pool and modified how credential sets are selected. For a more detailed list of changes check the ChangeLog here.
You can download Medusa 2.0 here:
Or read more here.
- Droopescan – Plugin Based CMS Security Scanner
- OAT – Oracle Auditing Tools For Database Security
- Gitrob – Scan Github For Sensitive Files
- Medusa v1.5 Released – Parallel, Modular Login Brute Forcing Tool
- Medusa Fast Parallel Password Cracker 1.3 Released
- Medusa 1.4 – Parallel Password Cracker Released for Download
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,891,210 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,100,577 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 634,946 views