Burp Suite is an integrated platform for attacking web applications. It contains all of the Burp tools with numerous interfaces between them designed to facilitate and speed up the process of attacking an application. All tools share the same robust framework for handling HTTP requests, persistence, authentication, upstream proxies, logging, alerting and extensibility.
Burp Suite allows you to combine manual and automated techniques to enumerate, analyse, scan, attack and exploit web applications. The various Burp tools work together effectively to share information and allow findings identified within one tool to form the basis of an attack using another.
It’s been quite a while since the release of Burp Suite v1.2 back in December 2008.
This is a major upgrade with a host of new features, including:
- A new message editor/viewer optimised for HTTP requests and responses, with colourised syntax, mouse-over decoding, and quick conversion functions.
- Facility to add comments and highlights to the proxy history and site map.
- Support for viewing and editing AMF-encoded messages.
- Improved handling of SSL server certificates, to eliminate browser SSL warnings and connection problems with thick clients.
- Copy to file / paste from file to facilitate working with binary content.
- New display filters.
- Greatly enhanced extensibility.
- Configurable DNS resolution, to override your computer’s own resolution, facilitating work with non-proxy-aware clients.
- Fine-grained upstream proxy rules.
- Exporting of HTTP messages and metadata in XML format.
Burp Suite is a Java application, and runs on any platform for which a Java Runtime Environment is available. It requires version 1.5 or later. The JRE can be obtained for free from java.sun.com.
Full release details can be found here.
You can download Burp Suite v1.3 here:
Or read more here.
- OAT – Microsoft OCS Assessment Tool (Office Communication Server)
- SamuraiWTF 3.x And Onwards – Web Testing Framework Linux LiveCD
- Watcher – Passive Web Application Vulnerability Scanner
- Burp Suite Free Edition v1.4 – Web Application Security Testing Tool
- Burp Proxy & Burp Suite – Attacking Web Applications
- Paros Proxy 3.2.10 Released – MITM HTTP and HTTPS Proxy
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,903,985 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,134,505 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 640,420 views