What is Stoned Bootkit?
A bootkit is a boot virus that is able to hook and patch Windows to get load into the Windows kernel, and thus getting unrestricted access to the entire computer. It is even able to bypass full volume encryption, because the master boot record (where Stoned is stored) is not encrypted. The master boot record contains the decryption software which asks for a password and decrypts the drive. This is the weak point, the master boot record, which will be used to pwn your whole system. No one’s secure!
For whom is Stoned Bootkit interesting?
- Black Hats
- Law enforcement agencies
Why is Stoned something new? Because it is the firts bootkit that..
- attacks Windows XP, Sever 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7 with one single master boot record
- attacks TrueCrypt full volume encryption
- has integrated FAT and NTFS drivers
- has an integrated structure for plugins and boot applications (for future development)
“A bootkit is a rootkit that is able to load from a master boot record and persist in memory all the way through the transition to protected mode and the startup of the OS. It’s a very interesting type of rootkit.” – Robert Hensing about bootkits
You can download Stoned Bootkit here:
Or you can read more here.
- Kali Linux – The Most Advanced Penetration Testing Linux Distribution
- Microsoft Says You SHOULD Re-use Passwords Across Sites
- Dradis v2.9 – Information Sharing For Security Assessments
- Sophos Offers Free Rootkit Detection Tool/Software
- AV Firms Say Windows Vista Security Claims are Bullsh*t
- Kon-Boot – Reset Windows & Linux Passwords
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,147,933 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 594,677 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 420,672 views