WarVOX is a suite of tools for exploring, classifying, and auditing telephone systems. Unlike normal wardialing tools, WarVOX works with the actual audio from each call and does not use a modem directly. This model allows WarVOX to find and classify a wide range of interesting lines, including modems, faxes, voice mail boxes, PBXs, loops, dial tones, IVRs, and forwarders. WarVOX provides the unique ability to classify all telephone lines in a given range, not just those connected to modems, allowing for a comprehensive audit of a telephone system.
WarVOX requires no telephony hardware and is massively scalable by leveraging Internet-based VoIP providers. A single instance of WarVOX on a residential broadband connection, with a typical VoIP account, can scan over 1,000 numbers per hour. The speed of WarVOX is limited only by downstream bandwidth and the limitations of the VoIP service. Using two providers with over 40 concurrent lines we have been able to scan entire 10,000 number prefixes within 3 hours.
Notable Changes since 1.0.0:
- License changed to BSD, no restrictions on commercial use
- Support number exclusion lists / black lists (regex based)
- Support for phone number ranges in addition to masks
- Support for multiple ranges and masks per job
- Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements
- Command line script for exporting dial results (bin/export_list.rb)
You can download Warvox 1.0.1 here:
Or read more here.
- Arachni v1.0 Released – Web Application Security Scanner Framework
- iSniff-GPS – Passive Wifi Sniffing Tool With Location Data
- masscan – The Fastest TCP Port Scanner
- WarVOX – Wardialing Tool Suite (Explore, Classify & Audit Telephone Systems)
- VIPER Lab’s VAST Live Distro – VoIP Security Testing LiveCD
- Burp Suite Free Edition v1.4 – Web Application Security Testing Tool
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,870,835 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,061,962 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 625,409 views