You may remember some time back we did a fairly exhaustive post on Password Cracking Wordlists and Tools for Brute Forcing.
Wyd the Password Profiling Tool also does something similar to AWLG but it’s a PERL script rather than being based online.
I’d prefer if AWLG let us download an offline version too personally.
The Associative Word List Generator (AWLG) is a tool that generates a list of words relevant to some subjects, by scouring the Internet in an automated fashion.
Inclusion Example: A search string including the words (without quotes): “steve carell” would give us a word list with lots of words associated with the actor Steve Carell. This includes all of the words from his MySpace page, words from the Wikipedia article on him, etc.
Exclusion Example: We know that Steve Carell is an actor for lots of things, including a show called “The Office”. A search string: “steve carell” with omissions: “office” and “michael scott” would find words from websites that mention Steve Carell, but do not mention the word “office”, “michael”, or “scott”.
AWLG.org does not record any transmitted search strings or user information. AWLG.org does record statistical information such as total site usage, total number of words generated per search, etc.
You can get cracking with AWLG here:
- SamuraiWTF 3.x And Onwards – Web Testing Framework Linux LiveCD
- Watcher – Passive Web Application Vulnerability Scanner
- Pentoo – Gentoo Based Penetration Testing Linux LiveCD
- CeWL – Custom Word List Generator Tool for Password Cracking
- Crunch – Password Cracking Wordlist Generator
- RSMangler – Keyword Based Wordlist Generator For Bruteforcing
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,902,628 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,130,417 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 639,732 views