BarsWF is basically an MD5 cracking tool and at the moment, is currently the fastest. Right now on nVidia 9600GT/C2D 3Ghz CUDA version does 350 M keys/sec, SSE2 version does 108 M keys/sec. You may check benchmarks of all known good MD5 bruteforcers here.
Changes in 0.8
- Added checks for errors when calling CUDA kernel.
- Now you can specify custom characters for charset using -X switch.
- You may specify minimal password length using -min_len.
- Save/restore feature added. State is being stored to barswf.save every 5 minutes or on exit. You may continue computation using -r switch. You may manually edit .save file to distribute job on several computers (but this is up to you – it is quite simple and non-documented ). BarsWF will also write found password into barswf.save at the end.
- Improved speed for cards GTX260, GTX280, 8800GT, 9600GSO, 8800GS, 8800GTS – by approximately 10%, all other cards will get just 1-2%.
- CUDA version only:nVidia GeForce 8xxx and up, at least 256mb of video memory.
- LATEST nVidia-driver with CUDA support.Standard drivers might be a bit older (as CUDA 2.0 is still beta)
- CPU with SSE2 support (P4, Core2Duo, Athlon64, Sempron64, Phenom).
- Recommended 64-bit OS (WinXP 64 or Vista64). 32-bit version is also available.
Download BarsWF 0.8 here:
Or read more here. (Thanks Navin)
- BitTorrent Bleep – Encrypted, Decentralized Voice & Text App
- Google Revoking Trust In CNNIC Issued Certificates
- Sony Digital Certs Being Used To Sign Malware
- Symantec Dumps L0phtcrack Password Cracker
- lm2ntcrack – Microsoft Windows NT Hash Cracker (MD4 -LM)
- hashcat – Multi-Threaded Password Hash Cracking Tool
Most Read in Cryptography:
- The World’s Fastest MD5 Cracker – BarsWF - 47,158 views
- Hackers Crack London Tube Oyster Card - 42,850 views
- WPA2 Vulnerability Discovered – “Hole 196″ – A Flaw In GTK (Group Temporal Key) - 32,070 views