We did mention nUbuntu long ago in our famous 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) article.
After that it stopped development for quite some time, thankfully some new blood has picked it up and development has started again!
With over a year of inactivity, the latest alpha of nUbuntu 8.04 has finally surfaced.
With this comes many new bug fixes and updates. All of the latest security and penetration tools are included to make this you’re primary pentesting livecd.
The main goal of nUbuntu is to create a distribution which is derived from the Ubuntu distribution, and add packages related to security testing, and remove unneeded packages, such as Gnome, Openoffice.org, and Evolution. nUbuntu is the result of an idea two people had to create a new distribution for the learning experience.
Many people ask, “What makes it better than X?”, or “Why should I use this over Y”. Our answer to this question is, we do not think about whether people are using it or not. We are more concerned about the learning process. If you want to try something with a clean interface, fast, and an excellent range of programs please don’t hesitate to download nUbuntu.
You can download nUbuntu 8.04 here:
Or read more here.
Recent in Hacking Tools:
- wig – WebApp Information Gatherer – Identify CMS
- Capstone – Multi-platform, Multi-architecture Disassembly Framework
- xssless – An Automated XSS Payload Generator Written In Python
- Techm4sters Releases ProTech Security Distribution
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery)
- Ophcrack 3.3.1 & LiveCD – Free Rainbow Table Password Cracking Tool
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,839,453 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,025,824 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 611,170 views