Well seen as though we were talking about breaking passwords, here’s a tool for Firefox to help you manage your more secure passwords.
Better security without bursting your brain
Password Hasher is a Firefox security extension for generating site-specific strong passwords from one (or a few) master key(s).
What good security practice demands:
Strong passwords that are hard to guess.
Different passwords at each site.
Periodically changing existing passwords.
Why you probably aren’t practicing good security:
Strong passwords are difficult to remember.
Juggling a multitude of passwords is a pain.
Updating passwords compounds the memorization problem.
How Password Hasher helps:
- Strong passwords are automatically generated.
- The same master key produces different passwords at many sites.
- You can quickly upgrade passwords by “bumping” the site tag.
- You can upgrade the master key without updating all sites at once.
- It supports different length passwords.
- It supports special requirements, such as digit and punctuation characters.
- All data is saved to the browser’s secure password database.
You can download Password Hasher here:
Or read more here.
- Twitter Patents Technique To Detect Mobile Malware
- Passera – Generate A Unique Strong Password For Every Website
- HoneyDrive 3 Released – The Premier Honeypot Bundle Distro
- XSS Warning – A Security Extension/Add-on for Firefox
- Firefox Extension Spyware – FormSpy
- PwdHash from Stanford – Generate Passwords by Hashing the URL
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,104 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 116,994 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,549 views