The Revisionist is a tool for extracting and indexing hidden metadata (such as deleted or modified text) from large collections of MS Word files. It can operate whole Web sites or SMB or NFS directories. It is handy for pen-testing, or it can be used just to spot embarrassing secrets.
It’s useful in that it can deal with documents in batch rather than one at a time.
You might remember we posted about Metagoofil a while back, which is similar in concept.
You can download The Revisionist here:
Or read more here – the demo site.
- DAMM – Differential Analysis of Malware in Memory
- Malheur – Automatic Malware Analysis Tool
- LiME – Linux Memory Extractor
- Collar Bomber Gets Owned By Word Metadata & USB Drive
- Metagoofil v1.4 Released – Metadata and Information Gathering Tool
- Just-Metadata – Gathers & Analyse IP Address Metadata
Most Read in Forensics:
- NetworkMiner – Passive Sniffer & Packet Analysis Tool for Windows - 66,134 views
- raw2vmdk – Mount Raw Hard Disk (dd) Images As VMDK Virtual Disks - 32,839 views
- sslsniff v0.6 Released – SSL MITM Tool - 27,124 views