The Revisionist is a tool for extracting and indexing hidden metadata (such as deleted or modified text) from large collections of MS Word files. It can operate whole Web sites or SMB or NFS directories. It is handy for pen-testing, or it can be used just to spot embarrassing secrets.
It’s useful in that it can deal with documents in batch rather than one at a time.
You might remember we posted about Metagoofil a while back, which is similar in concept.
You can download The Revisionist here:
Or read more here – the demo site.
Recent in Forensics:
- Mobius Forensic Toolkit 0.5.10 – Forensics Framework To Manage Cases & Case Items
- Rec Studio 4 – Reverse Engineering Compiler & Decompiler
- CAINE (Computer Aided INvestigative Environment) – Digital Forensics LiveCD
- Collar Bomber Gets Owned By Word Metadata & USB Drive
- Metagoofil v1.4 Released – Metadata and Information Gathering Tool
- Metagoofil 1.2 – Metadata Extractor Tool
Most Read in Forensics:
- NetworkMiner – Passive Sniffer & Packet Analysis Tool for Windows - 65,492 views
- raw2vmdk – Mount Raw Hard Disk (dd) Images As VMDK Virtual Disks - 28,513 views
- sslsniff v0.6 Released – SSL MITM Tool - 26,822 views