OWASP ZSC - Obfuscated Code Generator Tool OWASP ZSC – Obfuscated Code Generator Tool
OWASP ZSC is an open source obfuscated code generator tool in Python which lets you generate customized shellcodes and convert scripts to an obfuscated script.
A Look Back At 2017 – Tools & News Highlights A Look Back At 2017 – Tools & News Highlights
So here we are in 2018, taking a look back at 2017, quite a year it was. Here is a quick rundown of some of the best hacking/security tools released in 2017, the biggest news stories and the 10 most viewed posts on Darknet as a bonus.
Spectre & Meltdown Checker - Vulnerability Mitigation Tool For Linux Spectre & Meltdown Checker – Vulnerability Mitigation Tool For Linux
Spectre & Meltdown Checker is a simple shell script to tell if your Linux installation is vulnerable against the 3 "speculative execution" CVEs that were made public early 2018.
Hijacker - Reaver For Android Wifi Hacker App Hijacker – Reaver For Android Wifi Hacker App
Hijacker is a native GUI which provides Reaver for Android along with Aircrack-ng, Airodump-ng and MDK3 making it a powerful Wifi hacker app.
Sublist3r - Fast Python Subdomain Enumeration Tool Sublist3r – Fast Python Subdomain Enumeration Tool
Sublist3r is a Python-based tool designed to enumerate subdomains of websites using OSINT. It helps penetration testers and bug hunters collect and gather subdomains for the domain they are targeting.
coWPAtty Download - Audit Pre-shared WPA Keys coWPAtty Download – Audit Pre-shared WPA Keys
coWPAtty is a C-based tool for running a brute-force dictionary attack against WPA-PSK and audit pre-shared WPA keys.

15 Responses to Metagoofil Download – Metadata & Information Gathering Tool

1. Jinesh May 12, 2008 at 1:14 pm #

WOW, I wish I was capable enough to use this tool :-(. But no worries some day I will be.

2. Changlinn May 13, 2008 at 12:20 am #

wow very nice tool, I am about to do some web security work could be good to have this in the toolkit.

3. matt May 13, 2008 at 3:44 am #

This tool might go along well with http://www.remote-exploit.org/codes_wyd.html

4. eM3rC May 13, 2008 at 4:24 am #

Very cool!

It’s amazing to see how black hat software is developing and what white hats are doing to counter it. Keep up these security articles, really enjoy reading them!

Ooooo Random post!

Ok so I have been a windows/hackintosh user for quite some time and I now want to make a switch (or triple boot) to linux. My question is which distro would be a good match for my needs (I know there is no best).

For now it would be used for basic tasks like music editing/playing, word processing, video editing, programming (c++, java for now), and hopefully gaming (I will prob have to use wine or codeweavers for this though).

Thanks!

5. Changlinn May 13, 2008 at 5:56 am #

Ubuntu is easy to use and install and has all the advanced stuff under the bonnet if you need it. It is a stable snapshot of debian with a healthy helping of usability tweaks.
    As for gaming on Linux I don’t game much as none of my PC’s have the graphics card to do so, but from the little gaming I have done, it is difficult to get everything working in wine, even on older games. Native games are the way to go and there are some really good comparable ones or free ones that are awesome, nexuiz, freecraft, quake3 and 4 come to mind.

6. matt May 13, 2008 at 5:00 pm #

em3rc –

If you have any *nix experience, I would suggest ArchLinux. Although it does take some time to setup and get going, it is very stable and has great docs.

If you want something out-of-the-box, Ubuntu is great. The OS has great support forums with info on almost anything you could want and it also supports and comes preloaded(or just a few clicks will install) with all of your word processing, music editing/playing, video, and programming needs. The reason I stepped away from Ubuntu was the fact that I felt limited because almost everything was done for me. I need an OS that I can customize with more ease.

http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/ helped me out a lot when I was choosing a distro.

Also, http://www.distrowatch.com has good search features.

Good Luck

7. eM3rC May 13, 2008 at 6:29 pm #

@Changlinn
    Thanks, I’ve tried out Ubuntu out and really liking it. I’ve heard a lot about distros like Fedora and SuSe but I’ll stick with the big U for now.

@matt
    I think I might try out Ubuntu and do dual boot with ArchLinux, XP, and Ubuntu. Thanks for the suggestions!

8. Changlinn May 13, 2008 at 11:20 pm #

@eM3rC
    No problem. Linux users area fickle bunch, I have gone from Redhat to fedora, to Feather, to DSL, to Debian, and finally to Ubuntu, which I have been on for some time. As matt says it can be limiting in that everything is done for you, I feel you can still customize what you need beyond this and I like the fact that a lot is done, so I can just use it and get on with my work, if I didn’t want this I would go Gentoo or LFS :)

9. matt May 13, 2008 at 11:24 pm #

“Linux users are a fickle bunch”

Very true Changlinn. If you do any searching for “Which distro is best for me?” you will find the best answers are those that tell you to keep trying them out for yourself until you find one you like.

10. Pantagruel May 14, 2008 at 8:56 am #

@eM3rC

As many have mentioned before, to start try Suse, Ubuntu, Fedora or Mandriva. All have quite good hardware support (laptop is a slightly bigger problem though). You can buy SuSe with an excellent manual or go for one of the download variants and buy a decent book.
    As you get more proficient you can switch to Debian, Gentoo,Arch or even LFS.
    For a plain easy setup and usable desktop environment go for SuSe or Ubuntu.

I personally run Suse on my desktop and beat up Latitude C600, the home servers are running BSD.

11. macdaddy May 15, 2008 at 9:11 pm #

im using ubuntu and its really nice

12. Bogwitch May 19, 2008 at 12:16 pm #

Great tool. I’ve been using it for a good while now for early recon stages of a pen test.
    The addition of MAC address extraction is, IMO, a minor improvement but it’s nice to see development continues!
    About that MAC address…. Didn’t Microsoft remove that ‘feature’ in a more recent release or patch?

On the Linux thread, I’m using Fedora for the supported software and Slackware because I’m a masochist.

13. eM3rC May 19, 2008 at 10:34 pm #

Thanks for all the replies guys!

I think I’ll start out with Ubuntu and work on that for a while then start testing out the different linux OSs.

How am I the second highest poster when I’m not even trying?!?

14. razta May 27, 2008 at 10:12 pm #

Great tool! Now I have to find out how to delete meta data from my files!

15. Furqan February 27, 2009 at 7:30 am #

I tried this tool its finding the files on site but not downloading or retrieving any meta data from it help me please