Another tool for the security side, good for forensics, monitoring and auditing.
Argus is a fixed-model Real Time Flow Monitor designed to track and report on the status and performance of all network transactions seen in a data network traffic stream. Argus provides a common data format for reporting flow metrics such as connectivity, capacity, demand, loss, delay, and jitter on a per transaction basis. The record format that Argus uses is flexible and extensible, supporting generic flow identifiers and metrics, as well as application/protocol specific information.
Argus can be used to analyze and report on the contents of packet capture files or it can run as a continuous monitor, examining data from a live interface; generating an audit log of all the network activity seen in the packet stream. Argus can be deployed to monitor individual end-systems, or an entire enterprises network activity. As a continuous monitor, Argus provides both push and pull data handling models, to allow flexible strategies for collecting network audit data. Argus data clients support a range of operations, such as sorting, aggregation, archival and reporting. There is XML support for Argus data, which makes handling Argus data a bit easier.
Argus currently runs on Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, and MAC OS X and its client programs have also been ported to Cygwin. The software should be portable to many versions of Unix with little or no modification. Performance is such that auditing an entire enterprises Internet activity can be accomplished using modest computing resources.
You can download argus here:
Or read more here.
- WAF-FLE – Graphical ModSecurity Console Dashboard
- LOKI – Indicators Of Compromise Scanner
- Integrit – File Verification System
- IPAudit – Network Activity Monitor with Web Interface
- Using the capture command in a Cisco Systems PIX firewall.
- FireCAT 1.3 Released – Firefox Catalog of Auditing Extensions
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,820 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,568 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,653 views