Metasploit is a great tool, but it’s not the easiest to use and some people get completely lost when trying to get the most out of it.
To help you guys out here is a bunch of links, videos, tutorials and documents to get you up to speed.
You can start with this, a good flash tutorial that shows you step by step how to use it:
This video covers the use of Metasploit, launched from the Auditor Boot CD, to compromise an unpatched Windows XP box by using the RPC DCOM (MS03-026) vulnerability.
There’s a presentation by HD Moore himself at Cansecwest 2006:
And a couple of videos spawned from that here:
The most up to date video for Metasploit 3 can be found here:
The Metasploit site itself also has some fantastic documentation, a good place to start is here:
The Metasploit book is a good start too:
The Security Focus article is a good reference too if a little outdated:
So get hacking, Metasploit is great!
- Rowhammer – DDR3 Exploit – What You Need To Know
- Santoku Linux – Mobile Forensics, Malware Analysis, and App Security Testing LiveCD
- Google Expands Pwnium Year Round With Infinite Bounty
- Metasploitable – Test Your Metasploit Against A Vulnerable Host
- Armitage – Cyber Attack Management & GUI For Metasploit
- Security Freak Video Lectures – Hacking, Programming, Networking & More
Most Read in Exploits/Vulnerabilities:
- Learn to use Metasploit – Tutorials, Docs & Videos - 229,604 views
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,412 views
- eEye Launches 0-Day Exploit Tracker - 85,200 views