Open Vulnerability and Assessment Language (OVAL) is an international, information security, community standard to promote open and publicly available security content, and to standardize the transfer of this information across the entire spectrum of security tools and services. OVAL includes a language used to encode system details, and an assortment of content repositories held throughout the community.
The language standardizes the three main steps of the assessment process: representing configuration information of systems for testing; analyzing the system for the presence of the specified machine state (vulnerability, configuration, patch state, etc.); and reporting the results of this assessment.
SSA is a scanner based on OVAL, the command line tool provided by MITRE is not very easy to use so the guys at Security Database decided to write a GUI to make it simple to use and understand and then free the security testers community to take advantage of it.
The latest final release 1.5.1 of SSA is available. You can download it either in “exe” or “zip” format. SSA comes with a PDF documentation.
You can read more here and download both SSA and the PDF documentation.
- Dharma – Generation-based Context-free Grammar Fuzzing Tool
- Passgen – Random Character Generator For WPA/WPA2 Key Cracking
- AddressSanitizer – A Fast Memory Error Detector
- SSA 1.5.1 Released – Security System Analyzer an OVAL Based Scanner
- SSA Version 1.5.2 – OVAL Vulnerability Assessment Software
- Oedipus – Open Source Web Application Security Analysis
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,918,463 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,185,800 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 648,005 views