Medusa is intended to be a speedy, massively parallel, modular, login brute-forcer. The goal is to support as many services which allow remote authentication as possible. The author considers following items as some of the key features of this application:
- Thread-based parallel testing. Brute-force testing can be performed against multiple hosts, users or passwords concurrently.
- Flexible user input. Target information (host/user/password) can be specified in a variety of ways. For example, each item can be either a single entry or a file containing multiple entries. Additionally, a combination file format allows the user to refine their target listing.
- Modular design. Each service module exists as an independent .mod file. This means that no modifications are necessary to the core application in order to extend the supported list of services for brute-forcing.
Version 1.3 of Medusa is now available for public download.
Medusa currently has modules supporting: CVS, FTP, HTTP, IMAP, MS-SQL, MySQL, NCP (NetWare), PcAnywhere, POP3, PostgreSQL, rexec, rlogin, rsh, SMB, SMTP (VRFY), SNMP, SSHv2, SVN, Telnet, VmAuthd, VNC, and a generic wrapper module.
This release fixes several autoconf issues and a number of minor bugs.
You can find the Medusa homepage here and download Medusa here:
Medusa was developed on Gentoo Linux and FreeBSD. Some limited testing has been done on other platforms/distributions (OpenBSD, Debian, Ubuntu, Darwin, Solaris).
- Garmr – Automate Web Application Security Tests
- ParanoiDF – PDF Analysis & Password Cracking Tool
- XSSYA – Cross Site Scripting (XSS) Scanner Tool
- Medusa 1.4 – Parallel Password Cracker Released for Download
- Medusa v1.5 Released – Parallel, Modular Login Brute Forcing Tool
- Medusa Password Cracker Version 1.1 Now Available For Download
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,863,223 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,052,060 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 622,257 views