This has just been posted to Bugtraq.
For now you can test if your version is vulnerable, here. (will cause Firefox to close)
So far Firefox 22.214.171.124 and 2.0 (Linux) have been tested, and both vulnerable. Firefox 1.0.7 (Win32), not vulnerable.
The code used on the test page and the one submitted to Bugtraq can be found here.
Severity: … not really
Update: This attack does not allow remote code execution! It has been posted on the mailing lists and several news sites.
- GHOST Vulnerability In glibc – Everything You Need To Know
- Flash Zero Day Being Exploited In The Wild
- OpenVAS 7 Released – Open Source Vulnerability Scanner
- Mozilla Denies Firefox 3.5 Bug Is Exploitable
- MS and the new IE vulnerability – Object Tag
- Microsoft Breaks Patch Cycle to Issue IE Patch
Most Read in Exploits/Vulnerabilities:
- Learn to use Metasploit – Tutorials, Docs & Videos - 229,337 views
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,379 views
- eEye Launches 0-Day Exploit Tracker - 85,189 views