This has just been posted to Bugtraq.
For now you can test if your version is vulnerable, here. (will cause Firefox to close)
So far Firefox 184.108.40.206 and 2.0 (Linux) have been tested, and both vulnerable. Firefox 1.0.7 (Win32), not vulnerable.
The code used on the test page and the one submitted to Bugtraq can be found here.
Severity: … not really
Update: This attack does not allow remote code execution! It has been posted on the mailing lists and several news sites.
- Flash Zero Day Being Exploited In The Wild
- OpenVAS 7 Released – Open Source Vulnerability Scanner
- Google Leaves Android Users Vulnerable To WebView Exploit
- Mozilla Denies Firefox 3.5 Bug Is Exploitable
- MS and the new IE vulnerability – Object Tag
- Microsoft Breaks Patch Cycle to Issue IE Patch
Most Read in Exploits/Vulnerabilities:
- Learn to use Metasploit – Tutorials, Docs & Videos - 228,947 views
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,318 views
- eEye Launches 0-Day Exploit Tracker - 85,161 views