This has just been posted to Bugtraq.
For now you can test if your version is vulnerable, here. (will cause Firefox to close)
So far Firefox 188.8.131.52 and 2.0 (Linux) have been tested, and both vulnerable. Firefox 1.0.7 (Win32), not vulnerable.
The code used on the test page and the one submitted to Bugtraq can be found here.
Severity: … not really
Update: This attack does not allow remote code execution! It has been posted on the mailing lists and several news sites.
- XML Quadratic Blowup Attack Blows Up WordPress & Drupal
- Password Manager Security – LastPass, RoboForm Etc Are Not That Safe
- Hacking Your Fridge – Internet of Things Security
- MS and the new IE vulnerability – Object Tag
- Mozilla Denies Firefox 3.5 Bug Is Exploitable
- Microsoft Breaks Patch Cycle to Issue IE Patch
Most Read in Exploits/Vulnerabilities:
- Learn to use Metasploit – Tutorials, Docs & Videos - 227,315 views
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,084 views
- eEye Launches 0-Day Exploit Tracker - 85,051 views