This has just been posted to Bugtraq.
For now you can test if your version is vulnerable, here. (will cause Firefox to close)
So far Firefox 126.96.36.199 and 2.0 (Linux) have been tested, and both vulnerable. Firefox 1.0.7 (Win32), not vulnerable.
The code used on the test page and the one submitted to Bugtraq can be found here.
Severity: … not really
Update: This attack does not allow remote code execution! It has been posted on the mailing lists and several news sites.
- Sony Pictures Hacked – Employee Details & Movies Leaked
- Gruyere – Learn Web Application Exploits & Defenses
- Critical XSS Flaw Affects WordPress 3.9.2 And Earlier
- Mozilla Denies Firefox 3.5 Bug Is Exploitable
- MS and the new IE vulnerability – Object Tag
- Microsoft Breaks Patch Cycle to Issue IE Patch
Most Read in Exploits/Vulnerabilities:
- Learn to use Metasploit – Tutorials, Docs & Videos - 228,468 views
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,243 views
- eEye Launches 0-Day Exploit Tracker - 85,114 views