We are happy to announce that the 1.2.6 (christine) release of the Basic Analysis and Security Engine (BASE) is available.
BASE is the Basic Analysis and Security Engine. It is based on the code from the Analysis Console for Intrusion Databases (ACID) project. This application provides a web front-end to query and analyze the alerts coming from a SNORT IDS system.
I used to LOVE ACID, and I have to say BASE has taken it one step further, it’s a superb project.
A number of bugs have been fixed including some that affected IE and the setup system for BASE. A couple of interface tweaks have also been done to make it more user friendly.
The developers are currently looking for more people willing to test the BASE releases as they work on them. If you are interested, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The BASE team have also started coding the 2.x code base. If you have any ideas or feedback regarding that rewrite, please forward them to the BASE developers list which is a public mailing list.
You can download the new version of BASE at:
- Just-Metadata – Gathers & Analyse IP Address Metadata
- Agile Security – How Does It Fit Into A World Of Continuous Delivery
- Shadow Daemon – Web Application Firewall
- peepdf – Analyze & Modify PDF Files
- Suricata – Open Source Next Generation Intrusion Detection and Prevention Engine
- CORE GRASP – PHP Web Application Protection Software
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,634 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,389 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,624 views