Oedipus is an open source web application security analysis and testing suite written in Ruby by Penetration Testers for Penetration Testers. It is capable of parsing different types of log files off-line and identifying security vulnerabilities. Using the analyzed information, Oedipus can dynamically test web sites for application and web server vulnerabilities.
Oedipus can be broken down into 4 main components:
Parsers the Oedipus or IEnterceptor file, feeding each request to a dynamically loaded predefined security plug-in on the fly.
Using the results from the Analyzer and the Scanner, Oedipus produces several well formatted reports designed for the Penetration Tester. The Scanner report can be interactively used to verify the results of the potential vulnerabilities discovered.
Using the above identified security vulnerabilities, a number of tools are provided to analyze and potentially exploit the vulnerability.
You can read more at:
Recent in Hacking Tools:
- wig – WebApp Information Gatherer – Identify CMS
- Capstone – Multi-platform, Multi-architecture Disassembly Framework
- xssless – An Automated XSS Payload Generator Written In Python
- Security Compass Web Application Analysis Tool – SWAAT
- Samhain v.2.5.9c – Open Source Host-Based Intrusion Detection System (HIDS)
- CORE GRASP – PHP Web Application Protection Software
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,838,986 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,025,359 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 610,972 views