Weevely is a command line weaponized PHP web shell dynamically extended over the network at runtime and is designed for remote administration and pen testing. It provides a telnet-like console through a PHP script running on the target, even in restricted environments.
The low footprint agent and over 30 modules shape an extensible framework to administrate, conduct a pen-test, post-exploit, and audit remote web accesses in order to escalate privileges and pivot deeper in the internal networks.
The remote agent is a very low footprint PHP script that receives dynamically injected code from the client, extending the client functionalities over the network at run-time. The agent code is polymorphic and hardly detectable by AV and HIDS. The communication is covered and obfuscated within the HTTP protocol using steganographic techniques.
We did mention Weevely a couple of years back at v1.0: Weevely – PHP Stealth Tiny Web Shell
- Shell/PHP telnet-like network terminal
- Common server misconfigurations auditing
- SQL console pivoting on target
- HTTP traffic proxying through target
- Mount target file system to local mount point
- Conduct network scans pivoting on target
- File upload and download
- Spawn reverse and direct TCP shells
- Bruteforce services accounts
- Compress and decompress zip, gzip, bzip2 and tar archives
- Basic Windows support
- OS X Support
- Python requirements.txt
- Encoding support for sql_console
- Output redirection and inverse grep for file_grep
- Run actions on start depending from the session load
- Proxy and SOCKS support
- Unset session variables
- Show session variables
Weevely also provides python API which can be used to develop your own module to implement internal audit, account enumerator, sensitive data scraper, network scanner, make the modules work as a HTTP or SQL client and do a whole lot of other cool stuff.
You can download Weevely here:
Or read more here.