We have posted about a few PDF related tools before, including the one this tool is based on:
These are only the newly added features, not the original peepdf features which can be found here.
- crackpw – This executes Nacho Barrientos Arias’s PDFCrack tool by performing an OS call. The command allows the user to input a custom dictionary, perform a benchmark or continue from a saved state file. If no custom dictionary is input, this command will attempt to brute force a password using a modifiable charset text file in directory “ParanoiDF/pdfcrack”.
- decrypt – This uses an OS call to Jay Berkenbilt’s “QPDF” which decrypts the PDF document and outputs the decrypted file. This requires the user-password.
- encrypt – Encrypts an input PDF document with any password you specify. Uses 128-bit RC4 encryption.
- embedf – Create a blank PDF document with an embedded file. This is for research purposes to show how files can be embedded in PDFs. This command imports Didier Stevens Make-pdf-embedded.py script as a module.
- redact – Generate a list of words that will fit inside a redaction box in a PDF document. The words (with a custom sentence) can then be parsed in a grammar parser and a custom amount can be displayed depending on their score. This command requires a tutorial to use. Please read “redactTutorial.pdf” in directory “ParanoiDF/docs”.
- removeDRM – Remove DRM (editing, copying etc.) restrictions from PDF document and output to a new file. This does not need the owner-password and there is a possibility the document will lose some formatting. This command works by calling Kovid Goyal’s Calibre’s “ebook-convert” tool.
You can download ParanoiDF here:
Or read more here.
- ParanoiDF – PDF Analysis & Password Cracking Tool
- HoneyDrive 3 Released – The Premier Honeypot Bundle Distro
- Sysdig – Linux System Troubleshooting Tool
- PACK – Password Analysis & Cracking Kit
- Pipal – Password Analyzer Tool
- A Look Back At 2014 – Tools & News Highlights
Most Read in Forensics:
- NetworkMiner – Passive Sniffer & Packet Analysis Tool for Windows - 65,820 views
- raw2vmdk – Mount Raw Hard Disk (dd) Images As VMDK Virtual Disks - 30,835 views
- sslsniff v0.6 Released – SSL MITM Tool - 26,981 views