Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner (WVS) is an automated web application security testing tool that audits your web applications by checking for exploitable hacking vulnerabilities. Automated scans may be supplemented and cross-checked with the variety of manual tools to allow for comprehensive web site and web application penetration testing.
This week the latest version was released, Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner 9.5.
- AcuSensor Technology
- Industry’s most advanced and in-depth SQL injection and Cross site scripting testing
- Advanced penetration testing tools, such as the HTTP Editor and the HTTP Fuzzer
- Visual macro recorder makes testing web forms and password protected areas easy
- Support for pages with CAPTCHA, single sign-on and Two Factor authentication mechanisms
- Extensive reporting facilities including PCI compliance reports
- Multi-threaded and lightning fast scanner – processes thousands of pages with ease
- Intelligent crawler detects web server type, application language and smartphone-optimized sites.
- Acunetix crawls and analyzes different types of websites including HTML5, SOAP and AJAX
- Port scans a web server and runs security checks against network services running on the server
This new release adds the ability to run security scans on applications built with Google Web Toolkit (GWT). It can also automatically test JSON and XML data objects for vulnerabilities. In addition, vulnerabilities are now also classified using CVE, CWE and CVSS, and AcuSensor has been updated for .NET 4.5 web applications.
There are more technical details regarding scanning a GWT based app here:
A free 14-day trial is available for anyone who wants to test the latest capabilities of Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner.
- Passera – Generate A Unique Strong Password For Every Website
- HoneyDrive 3 Released – The Premier Honeypot Bundle Distro
- Codesake::Dawn – Static Code Analysis Security Scanner For Ruby
- Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner (WVS) 6.5 Released
- Don’t Get Hacked – Have A Free Acunetix Security Scan
- Acunetix WVS (Web Vulnerability Scanner) 7 Review – Engine & Scanning Improvements
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,084 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 116,972 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,546 views