PentesterLab is an easy and straight forwards way to learn the basics of penetration testing. It provides vulnerable systems in a virtual image, and accompanying exercises that can be used to test and understand vulnerabilities.
Just decide what course you want to follow, download the course and start learning. You can easily run the course using VMware, no Internet access is required.
What will you learn?
- Basics of Web
- Basics of HTTP
- Detection of common web vulnerabilities:
- Cross-Site Scripting
- SQL injections
- Directory traversal
- Command injection
- Code injection
- XML attacks
- LDAP attacks
- File upload
- Basics of fingerprinting
- A computer with a virtualisation software
- A basic understanding of HTTP
- A basic understanding of PHP
- Yes, that’s it!
You can download the materials and ISO images here:
Or read more here.
- Kali Linux – The Most Advanced Penetration Testing Linux Distribution
- Microsoft Says You SHOULD Re-use Passwords Across Sites
- Dradis v2.9 – Information Sharing For Security Assessments
- Coliseum Lab By eLearnSecurity – Web Application Security Lab
- Penetration Testing Course Pro 1.1 – New Version & New Module
- Penetration Testing – Student Course/Training by eLearnSecurity
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,146,525 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 592,941 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 419,783 views