VoIP Hopper is a GPLv3 licensed security tool, written in C, that rapidly runs a VLAN Hop into the Voice VLAN on specific ethernet switches. VoIP Hopper does this by mimicking the behavior of an IP Phone, in Cisco, Avaya, and Nortel environments.
This requires two important steps in order for the tool to traverse VLANs for unauthorized access. First, discovery of the correct 12 bit Voice VLAN ID (VVID) used by the IP Phones is required. VoIP Hopper supports multiple protocol discovery methods (CDP, DHCP, LLDP-MED, 802.1q ARP) for this important first step. Second, the tool creates a virtual VoIP ethernet interface on the OS. It then inserts a spoofed 4-byte 802.1q vlan header containing the 12 bit VVID into a spoofed DHCP request.
Once it receives an IP address in the VoIP VLAN subnet, all subsequent ethernet frames are “tagged” with the spoofed 802.1q header.
VoIP Hopper is a VLAN Hop test tool but also a tool to test VoIP infrastructure security.
- New “Assessment” mode: Interactive, menu driven command interface, improves ability to VLAN Hop in Pentesting when the security tester is working against an unknown network infrastructure
- New VLAN Discovery methods (802.1q ARP, LLDP-MED)
- LLDP-MED spoofing and sniffing support
- Can bypass VoIP VLAN subnets that have DHCP disabled, and spoof the IP address and MAC address of a phone by setting a static IP
You can download VoIP Hopper 2.01 here:
Or read more here.
Recent in Hacking Tools:
- LANs.py ARP Spoofer – Multithreaded Asynchronous Packet Parsing/Injecting
- hashcat – Multi-Threaded Password Hash Cracking Tool
- aidSQL – PHP Application For SQL Injection Detection & Exploitation
- VoIP Hopper – VLAN Hopping Tool
- UCSniff 3.0 Released – VoIP/IP Video Sniffing Tool
- UCSniff – VoIP/IP Video Sniffing Tool
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,826,528 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,015,701 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 606,305 views