It’s been a while since the last sslsniff release back in August 2009 with version 0.6 – sslsniff v0.6 Released – SSL MITM Tool. Version 0.7 was finally released earlier in the year in April – so here it is.
This tool was originally written to demonstrate and exploit IE’s vulnerability to a specific “basicConstraints” man-in-the-middle attack. While Microsoft has since fixed the vulnerability that allowed leaf certificates to act as signing certificates, this tool is still occasionally useful for other purposes.
It is designed to MITM all SSL connections on a LAN and dynamically generates certs for the domains that are being accessed on the fly. The new certificates are constructed in a certificate chain that is signed by any certificate that you provide.
The three steps to get this running are:
- Download and run sslsniff-0.7.tar.gz
- Setup iptables
- Run arp-spoof
Changes in 0.7
- Fixed some networking shuffling bugs (thanks Daniel Roethlisberger)
- Added basic compatibility with BSD pf (thanks Daniel Roethlisberger)
You can download sslsniff v0.7 here:
Or read more here.
- masscan – The Fastest TCP Port Scanner
- drozer – The Leading Security Testing Framework For Android
- tinfoleak – Get Detailed Info About Any Twitter User
- sslsniff v0.6 Released – SSL MITM Tool
- The Middler – User Session Cloning & MITM Tool
- FakeIKEd – Fake IKE Daemon Tool For MITM
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,869,564 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,059,980 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 624,851 views