RawCap is a free command line network sniffer for Windows that uses raw sockets.
- Can sniff any interface that has got an IP address, including 127.0.0.1 (localhost/loopback)
- RawCap.exe is just 17 kB
- No external libraries or DLL’s needed other than .NET Framework 2.0
- No installation required, just download RawCap.exe and sniff
- Can sniff most interface types, including WiFi and PPP interfaces
- Minimal memory and CPU load
- Reliable and simple to use
Raw sockets limitations in Vista and Win7
Due to current limitations in the raw sockets implementations for Windows Vista and Windows 7 we suggest running RawCap on Windows XP. The main problem with raw socket sniffing in Vista and Win7 is that you might not receive either incoming packets (Win7) or outgoing packets (Vista).
You can download RawCap here:
Or read more here.
- Web Security Dojo 2.0 – Self-Contained Web Hacking Training
- Plecost – WordPress Fingerprinting Tool
- InstaRecon – Automated Subdomain Discovery Tool
- SniffPass – Simple Password Sniffer
- NetworkMiner v1.1 Released – Windows Packet Analyzer & Sniffer
- Hping 2 Fixed for Windows XP SP2 (Service Pack 2)
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,907,739 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,147,814 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 642,380 views