PacketFence is a fully supported, trusted, Free and Open Source network access control (NAC) system. Boasting an impressive feature set including a captive-portal for registration and remediation, centralized wired and wireless management, 802.1X support, layer-2 isolation of problematic devices, integration with the Snort IDS and the Nessus vulnerability scanner; PacketFence can be used to effectively secure networks – from small to very large heterogeneous networks. Among the different markets are:
- colleges and universities
- engineering companies
- manufacturing businesses
- school boards (K-12)
.. and many more!
Why do I need PacketFence?
If your network is a breeding ground for worms, PacketFence is for you. If you have no idea who connects to your network and who owns a particular computer, PacketFence is for you. If you have no way of mapping a network policy violation to a user, PacketFence is for you.
Released under the GPL, PacketFence is built using trusted open-source components that allows it to offer an impressive amount of features.
What are some of the things you can do with PacketFence you may ask, well you can:
- Block iPods wireless access
- Forbid rogue access points
- Perform compliance checks
- Eliminate Peer-to-Peer traffic
- Provide guest access
- Simplify VLAN management
You can download PacketFence here:
Or read more here.
- Egress-Assess – Test Network Egress Data Detection
- Just-Metadata – Gathers & Analyse IP Address Metadata
- Agile Security – How Does It Fit Into A World Of Continuous Delivery
- Jacking Wifi is ‘OK’ say Ethics Expert
- The Dude – Automatic Network Discovery & Layout Tool
- Mantra Security Toolkit – Free & Open Source Browser-Based Security Framework
Most Read in Countermeasures: