PacketFence is a fully supported, trusted, Free and Open Source network access control (NAC) system. Boasting an impressive feature set including a captive-portal for registration and remediation, centralized wired and wireless management, 802.1X support, layer-2 isolation of problematic devices, integration with the Snort IDS and the Nessus vulnerability scanner; PacketFence can be used to effectively secure networks – from small to very large heterogeneous networks. Among the different markets are:
- colleges and universities
- engineering companies
- manufacturing businesses
- school boards (K-12)
.. and many more!
Why do I need PacketFence?
If your network is a breeding ground for worms, PacketFence is for you. If you have no idea who connects to your network and who owns a particular computer, PacketFence is for you. If you have no way of mapping a network policy violation to a user, PacketFence is for you.
Released under the GPL, PacketFence is built using trusted open-source components that allows it to offer an impressive amount of features.
What are some of the things you can do with PacketFence you may ask, well you can:
- Block iPods wireless access
- Forbid rogue access points
- Perform compliance checks
- Eliminate Peer-to-Peer traffic
- Provide guest access
- Simplify VLAN management
You can download PacketFence here:
Or read more here.
- Facebook Launches ThreatExchange – Security Clearinghouse API
- Acunetix OVS Review (Online Vulnerability Scanner)
- isowall – Completely Isolate A Device From The Local Network
- Jacking Wifi is ‘OK’ say Ethics Expert
- Mantra Security Toolkit – Free & Open Source Browser-Based Security Framework
- OpenMusic – Free Music for a free World
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,376 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,167 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,584 views