Proxocket is a dll proxy project for the main Winsock functions which allows to capture any type of packet and data sent/received by a specific software of your choice and optionally modifying its content or the connect, bind and accept functions through a custom dll very easy to create.
Proxocket handles the following functions for both ws2_32.dll and wsock32.dll:
- & WSASendTo.
It has also specific support for TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP and RAW packets with handling of SOCK_STREAM, SOCK_DGRAM and SOCK_RAW on both incoming and outgoing data.
The project is divided in two parts:
- monitoring/sniffing: a CAP file in tcpdump format will be generated for any captured packet, this is the default operation
- user’s custom manipulation of the captured data: through a custom myproxocket.dll edited and created by the same user is possible to have control over the captured data like creating a rudimental firewall for a specific software or editing the data which will be passed to the main program on the fly or creating a decompressor/decrypter/protocol_analyzer and so on
Read the text file inside for more information and if you want to write a plugin take a look at the source code ofthe myproxocket.c example.
The following are some “example plugins” the author wrote for proxyfying the main program and or doing some things:
- web proxy forcer 0.1: works like a classical web proxyfier
- web proxy forcer mode2 0.1: works like a classical web proxyfier
- connect proxy forcer 0.1: works like a CONNECT proxyfier
NOTE: If you have Vista and the local ws2_32/wsock32 dlls are not loaded try to set the registry key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\DevOverrideEnable” to 1.
NOTE: The exported functions of myproxocket.dll MUST be declared as CDECL, this is default on Mingw but not on other compilers.
NOTE: Do NOT use Cygwin for compiling the myproxocket plugins.
There’s some good information on how to use Proxocket here.
You can download Proxocket here:
Or read more here.
- Garmr – Automate Web Application Security Tests
- ParanoiDF – PDF Analysis & Password Cracking Tool
- XSSYA – Cross Site Scripting (XSS) Scanner Tool
- Malware Hash Checking Tool – Online & Offline Support
- Fiddler – Web Debugging Proxy For HTTP(S)
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,863,434 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,052,304 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 622,363 views