Mausezahn is a free fast traffic generator written in C which allows you to send nearly every possible and impossible packet. It is mainly used to test VoIP or multicast networks but also for security audits to check whether your systems are hardened enough for specific attacks.
Mausezahn can be used for example:
- As traffic generator (e. g. to stress multicast networks)
- To precisely measure jitter (delay variations) between two hosts (e. g. for VoIP-SLA verification)
- As didactical tool during a datacom lecture or for lab exercises
- For penetration testing of firewalls and IDS
- For DoS attacks on networks (for audit purposes of course)
- To find bugs in network software or appliances
- For reconnaissance attacks using ping sweeps and port scans
- To test network behaviour under strange circumstances (stress test, malformed packets)
Mausezahn is basically a versatile packet creation tool on the command line with a simple syntax and context help. It could also be used within (bash-) scripts to perform combination of tests. By the way, Mausezahn is quite fast; when started on my old PIII-Laptop (1.4 GHz, Gigabit Ethernet) I measured 755 Mbit/s using the interface packet counters of an HP ProCurve 5400 switch.
Currently Mausezahn is only available for Linux platforms. Please do NOT PORT Mausezahn to Windows! (Here is a nice explanation why; I really share Felix von Leitner’s point of view.)
Yoiu can download Mausezahn here:
Or read more here.
- OAT – Microsoft OCS Assessment Tool (Office Communication Server)
- SamuraiWTF 3.x And Onwards – Web Testing Framework Linux LiveCD
- Watcher – Passive Web Application Vulnerability Scanner
- SSLstrip – HTTPS Stripping Attack Tool
- Slashdot Effect vs Digg Effect Traffic Report
- PReplay – A pcap Network Traffic Replay Tool for Windows
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,903,961 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,134,419 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 640,417 views