The WinAppDbg python module allows developers to quickly code instrumentation scripts in Python under a Windows environment.
It uses ctypes to wrap many Win32 API calls related to debugging, and provides an object-oriented abstraction layer to manipulate threads, libraries and processes, attach your script as a debugger, trace execution, hook API calls, handle events in your debugee and set breakpoints of different kinds (code, hardware and memory). Additionally it has no native code at all, making it easier to maintain or modify than other debuggers on Windows.
The intended audience are QA engineers and software security auditors wishing to test / fuzz Windows applications with quickly coded Python scripts. Several ready to use utilities are shipped and can be used for this purposes.
Current features also include disassembling x86 native code (using the open source diStorm project, see https://code.google.com/p/distorm/), debugging multiple processes simultaneously and produce a detailed log of application crashes, useful for fuzzing and automated testing.
What’s new in this version?
- fully supports Python 2.4 through 2.7
- fully supports Windows XP through Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit editions
- crash report tool now supports MSSQL (requires pyodbc)
- now supports downloading debugging symbols from Microsoft (thanks Neitsa!)
- new tool: sehtest.py (Windows SEH buffer overflow jump address bruteforcer, inspired by the same tool by Nicolas Economou)
- now with only one MSI installer for all supported Python versions
- now using cerealizer instead of pickle whenever possible
You can view the entire changelog for all versions here.
You can download WinAppDbg here:
Or read more here.
Recent in Hacking Tools:
- wig – WebApp Information Gatherer – Identify CMS
- Capstone – Multi-platform, Multi-architecture Disassembly Framework
- xssless – An Automated XSS Payload Generator Written In Python
- Pcapy – Python Interface to LibPcap
- Knock v1.3b – Subdomain Enumeration/Brute-Forcing Tool
- GooDork – Command Line Google Dorking/Hacking Tool
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,839,588 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,025,928 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 611,205 views