FxCop is an application that analyzes managed code assemblies (code that targets the .NET Framework common language runtime) and reports information about the assemblies, such as possible design, localization, performance, and security improvements. Many of the issues concern violations of the programming and design rules set forth in the Design Guidelines, which are the Microsoft guidelines for writing robust and easily maintainable code by using the .NET Framework.
FxCop is intended for class library developers. However, anyone creating applications that should comply with the .NET Framework best practices will benefit. FxCop is also useful as an educational tool for people who are new to the .NET Framework or who are unfamiliar with the .NET Framework Design Guidelines.
FxCop is designed to be fully integrated into the software development cycle and is distributed as both a fully featured application that has a graphical user interface (FxCop.exe) for interactive work, and a command-line tool (FxCopCmd.exe) suited for use as part of automated build processes or integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET as an external tool.
To get FxCop you need to install “Windows SDK for Windows 7.1“. In the release notes you will find this message:
6.3.6 FXCop Setup is Now Located Under the Window SDK “\Bin” Directory.
The installer for FXCop, fxcopsetup.exe, is now located in Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Bin\FXCop.
Or read more here.
- Facebook Launches ThreatExchange – Security Clearinghouse API
- Acunetix OVS Review (Online Vulnerability Scanner)
- isowall – Completely Isolate A Device From The Local Network
- Tutorial for Fuzzled – Writing a Fuzzer with the Fuzzled Framework
- Inguma 0.0.6 Released for Download – Free Pen-testing Framework
- Security Compass Web Application Analysis Tool – SWAAT
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,381 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,169 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,584 views