Our last mention of w3af was back in 2008 when the fifth BETA was released, the team have recently released a new version 1.0 – Release Candidate 3.
w3af is a Web Application Attack and Audit Framework. The project’s goal is to create a framework to find and exploit web application vulnerabilities that is easy to use and extend.
- Enhanced GUI, including huge changes in the MITM proxy and the Fuzzy Request Editor
- Increased speed by rewriting parts of the thread management code
- Fixed tons of bugs
- Reduced memory usage
- Many plugins were rewritten using different techniques that use less HTTP requests to identify the same vulnerabilities
- Reduced false positives
You can download w3af 1.0-rc3 here:
Or read more here.
Recent in Hacking Tools:
- LANs.py ARP Spoofer – Multithreaded Asynchronous Packet Parsing/Injecting
- hashcat – Multi-Threaded Password Hash Cracking Tool
- aidSQL – PHP Application For SQL Injection Detection & Exploitation
- w3af Fifth BETA for Download – Automated Web Auditing and Exploitation Framework
- w3af v1.1 Released For Download – Web Application Attack & Audit Framework
- w3af – Web Application Attack and Audit Framework
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,825,924 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,015,111 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 606,042 views