hostmap is a free, automatic, hostnames and virtual hosts discovery tool written in Ruby, licensed under GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3). Its goal is to enumerate all hostnames and configured virtual hosts on an IP address. The primary users of hostmap are professionals performing vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
hostmap helps you using several techniques to enumerate all the hostnames associated with an IP address.
- DNS names and virtual hosts enumeration
- Multiple discovery techniques, to read more see documentation.
- Results correlation, aggregation and normalization
- Multithreaded and event based engine
- Platform independent
Changes/New Features in v0.2
- Fully refactored and rewritten in Ruby.
- User requested interrupt (CTRL+C) now is handled.
- Added Rakefile to automatize task. For example readme and API documentation rebuilding.
- Changed info gathering plugin architecture. Now using PlugMan library.
- Added some host names to brute forcing dictionaries.
- Added parsing of alternate subject (subjectAltName) from X.509 certificates.
- Added info gathering plugin using dnshistory.org.
- Added wildcard domains detection.
- Added wildcard X.509 certificate detection.
- Added -d option to use a user supplied list of DNS servers
- Added blacklist for second level TLD (for example co.uk) detection.
- Added an enumeration plugin to use Microsoft Bing via API. API key must be provided in configuration file.
- Added a configuration file (hostmap.conf) to keep user settings.
- Added option –http-ports to specify the ports to check for an HTTP/HTTPS service.
You can see the complete list of changes here.
The user manual is available here – README.pdf [PDF]
You can download hostmap 0.2 here:
Or read more here.
- masscan – The Fastest TCP Port Scanner
- drozer – The Leading Security Testing Framework For Android
- tinfoleak – Get Detailed Info About Any Twitter User
- DRIL – Domain Reverse IP Lookup Tool
- FindDomains v0.1.1 Released – Discover Domains/Sites/Hosts
- theHarvester – Gather E-mail Accounts, Subdomains, Hosts, Employee Names – Information Gathering Tool
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,869,674 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,060,156 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 624,898 views