Turbodiff is a binary diffing tool developed as an IDA plugin. It discovers and analyzes differences between the functions of two binaries.
“Turbodiff 1.01 beta release 1″ works with IDA starting from v5.0.
For the binaries:
Download the plugin and store it at the directory “..\IDA\plugins”.
If you want to compile it on your own: We have compiled it and tested it using Borland C. For the free version of IDA Pro (4.9) you’ll need to first:
- Generate the ida_free.lib library. To do this execute: “implib -c ida_free.lib ida_free.def”
- Next, you must have the linker use this library.
Comparing two files:
- Open the first file to be compared with IDA and run /Option 1 (take info from this idb)/ from the plugin. Close.
- Open the second file to be compared with IDA and run /Option 1 (take info from this idb)/ from the plugin.
Use /Option 2 (compare with…)/ from the plugin, and when prompted to select a file, select the first file.
- Chose if you want a log file to be genreated and run. Once finished a functions table will popup (watch Figure 1) describing results. The results are then saved for later usage.
You can download Turbodiff here:
Or read more here.
- Web Security Dojo 2.0 – Self-Contained Web Hacking Training
- Plecost – WordPress Fingerprinting Tool
- InstaRecon – Automated Subdomain Discovery Tool
- eEye Binary Diffing Suite (EBDS)
- Techm4sters Releases ProTech Security Distribution
- CIAT – The Cryptographic Implementations Analysis Toolkit
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,907,576 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,147,245 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 642,318 views