origami is a Ruby framework designed to parse, analyze, and forge PDF documents. This is NOT a PDF rendering library. It aims at providing a scripting tool to generate and analyze malicious PDF files. As well, it can be used to create on-the-fly customized PDFs, or to inject (evil) code into already existing documents.
- Create PDF documents from scratch.
- Parse existing documents, modify them and recompile them.
- Explore documents at the object level, going deep into the document structure, uncompressing PDF object streams and desobfuscating names and strings.
- High-level operations, such as encryption/decryption, signature, file attachments…
- A GTK interface to quickly browse into the document contents.
Some scripts are provided to help in performing common actions on PDF files. You can contribute more by sending your own scripts to origami(at)security-labs.org.
- embed.rb: add an attachment to a PDF file.
- moebius.rb: transform a PDF to a moebius strip.
- encrypt.rb: encrypt a PDF file.
You can download Origami here:
Or read more here.
- HoneyDrive 3 Released – The Premier Honeypot Bundle Distro
- Sysdig – Linux System Troubleshooting Tool
- HoneyDrive Desktop v0.2 Released – Honeypot LiveCD
- peepdf – Analyze & Modify PDF Files
- ParanoiDF – PDF Analysis & Password Cracking Tool
- w3af – Web Application Attack and Audit Framework
Most Read in Forensics:
- NetworkMiner – Passive Sniffer & Packet Analysis Tool for Windows - 65,641 views
- raw2vmdk – Mount Raw Hard Disk (dd) Images As VMDK Virtual Disks - 29,563 views
- sslsniff v0.6 Released – SSL MITM Tool - 26,885 views