The Microsoft Security Assessment Tool (MSAT) is a free tool designed to help organizations like yours assess weaknesses in your current IT security environment, reveal a prioritized list of issues, and help provide specific guidance to minimize those risks. MSAT is an easy, cost-effective way to begin strengthening the security of your computing environment and your business. Begin the process by taking a snapshot of your current security state, and then use MSAT to continuously monitor your infrastructure’s ability to respond to security threats
Understanding Your Risks
MSAT is designed to help you identify and address security risks in your IT environment. The tool employs a holistic approach to measuring your security posture and covers topics including people, process, and technology.
- Easy to use, comprehensive, and continuous security awareness
- A defense-in-depth framework with industry comparative analysis
- Detailed, ongoing reporting comparing your baseline to your progress
- Proven recommendations and prioritized activities to improve security
- Structured Microsoft and industry guidance
MSAT consists of over 200 questions covering infrastructure, applications, operations, and people. The questions, associated answers, and recommendations are derived from commonly accepted best practices, standards such as ISO 17799 and NIST-800.x, as well as recommendations and prescriptive guidance from the Microsoft Trustworthy Computing Group and other external security sources.
You can download MSAT here:
Or read more here.
- Egress-Assess – Test Network Egress Data Detection
- Just-Metadata – Gathers & Analyse IP Address Metadata
- Agile Security – How Does It Fit Into A World Of Continuous Delivery
- Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer – Free Windows Tool
- Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) 1.0
- OAT – Microsoft OCS Assessment Tool (Office Communication Server)
Most Read in Countermeasures: