01 August 2008 | 36,435 views

SIPcrack – SIP Login Dumper & Hash/Password Cracker

Check Your Web Security with Acunetix

SIPcrack is a suite for sniffing and cracking the digest authentication used in the SIP protocol.

The tools offer support for pcap files, wordlists and many more to extract all needed information and bruteforce the passwords for the sniffed accounts.

If you don’t have OpenSSL installed or encounter any building problems try ‘make no-openssl’ to build with integrated MD5 function (which is slower than the OpenSSL implementation).

Usage

Use sipdump to dump SIP digest authentications to a file. If a login is found, the sniffed login is written to the dump file. See ‘sipdump -h’ for options.

Use sipcrack to bruteforce the user password using the dump file generated by sipdump. If a password is found, the sniffed login in the dump file is updated See ‘sipcrack -h’ for options.

You can download SIPcrack here:

- THC-Hydra – The Fast and Flexible Network Login Hacking Tool

Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,869,726 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,060,226 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 624,929 views

Low-cost VPS Hosting

11 Responses to “SIPcrack – SIP Login Dumper & Hash/Password Cracker”

1. JD 1 August 2008 at 4:51 pm Permalink

Just thought I’d add– if you don’t feel like compiling it, it’s available in the Debian (lenny) and Ubuntu (intrepid) repositories. I don’t know if I expected seeing a package like sipcrack in the Ubuntu repositories, but their site had said that there was a “massive merge from Debian” for the intrepid release. Intrepid is avalible in it’s alpha stage now…

2. Morgan Storey 2 August 2008 at 12:33 pm Permalink

Another one to add to OpenWrt, then plug it in and let it hack a voip network.

3. gul 4 August 2008 at 7:32 am Permalink

I really have to repair my box. The more I get here, the more I saw funny stuff to had for network sniffing :)

4. splink 4 August 2008 at 8:53 pm Permalink

Awesome tool! I hope darknet posts more interesting pen-test tools in the future.

5. Brill 5 August 2008 at 4:19 pm Permalink

Don’t miss having a look at USAGE_EXAMPLES file, You can use SIPcrack with the “olds” Tcpdump and John the ripper!!

6. Sieyapdji 8 August 2008 at 8:28 am Permalink

Hi,

i want to ask if SipCrack is more powerful than CAin & Abel On SiP Password cracking. I regularly use Cain to crack my Sip password

Thank…

7. lyz 12 August 2008 at 4:05 pm Permalink

Can’t wait to play with this one. :P

Btw, if you want to check out the latest security tools, there’s this section called Tools Watch. security-database.com. This is really useful if you want to do pentests. I got this from the seminar I have attended last week. (Hackacon)

8. Brill 12 August 2008 at 10:30 pm Permalink

@Sieyapdji,
    I’ve just made some quick and very basic tests but it seems that SipCrack its only based on brute force attacks so I would say that Cain & Abel seems to be more powerful on that.
    But you should keep in mind what I mentioned before… you can have some “advance usage” in which you can combine the other tools like John the ripper, or store some dump files for testing purposes, etc.

SIPCrack is a suite of different tools we can not ask the perfection for all of them.

9. Brill 14 August 2008 at 9:16 am Permalink

@lyz
    I’ve just looked into http://www.security-database.com/toolswatch/ .. and it seems very interesting.. Thanks for the tip!!

10. lyz 14 August 2008 at 11:18 am Permalink

@brill

No problem pal. Thanks too for sharing us tons of links.

11. Navin 14 August 2008 at 4:31 pm Permalink

I’d definitely say Cain and Abel is the best SiP cracking tool….Its a classic, with its own fan following!!