FWAuto (Firewall Rulebase Automation) is a Perl script and should work on any system with Perl installed. Provide the running config of a PIX firewall to fwauto. It will analyze and give you a list of weak rules in your rule base and store the result in multiple output files.
Maybe there have been times when you have pentested a firewall. As part of a grey box engagement you were assigned the task of auditing that HUGE firewall rulebase and were stuck on how to proceed, just because of the sheer volume of information. This tool in Perl is created to help in auditing a rulebase and helping you to narrow down on the weak rules. Current support is just for Cisco PIX though the framework was designed to scale across multiple firewalls and no major changes need to be made.
- Outputs now available in reasonably neat HTML format
- No more complex command line arguments, everything’s in a config file
- More ports added in vulnerable ports section
- Options available to obtain detailed/non detailed output
You can download fwauto v.1.1 here:
Or read more here.
- BlueScan – A Bluetooth Device Scanner
- SniffPass – Simple Password Sniffer
- Rackspace Recovers From Major DNS DDoS
- Lynis – Security & System Auditing Tool for UNIX/Linux
- Firewalk – Firewall Ruleset Testing Tool
- Lynis 1.2.6 Released – UNIX System & Security Auditing Tool
Most Read in Network Hacking:
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,116,674 views
- Wep0ff – Wireless WEP Key Cracker Tool - 512,481 views
- THC-Hydra – The Fast and Flexible Network Login Hacking Tool - 319,810 views