If you don’t know, BackTrack is a top rated linux live distribution focused on penetration testing. With no installation whatsoever, the analysis platform is started directly from the CD-Rom and is fully accessible within minutes.
Back in January we mentioned the BackTrack Live Hacking CD BETA 3 was released, at last the final version is ready for download!
SAINT has provided BackTrack users with a functional version of SAINT, pending a free request for an IP range license through the SAINT website, valid for 1 year.
The guys over at Paterva have created a special version of Maltego v2.0 with a community license especially for BackTrack users. We would like to thank Paterva for co-operating with us and allowing us to feature this amazing tool in BackTrack.
Tenable would not allow for redistribution of Nessus on BackTrack 3.
18.104.22.168. Yes, yes, stop whining….We had serious deliberations concerning the BT3 kernel. We decided not to upgrade to a newer kernel as wireless injection patches were not fully tested and verified. We did not want to jeopardize the awesome wireless capabilities of BT3 for the sake of sexiness or slightly increased hardware compatibilities. All relevant security patches have been applied.
As usual, updated, sharpened, SVN’ed and armed to the teeth. This release we have some special features such as spoonwep, fastrack and other cool additions.
For the first time we distribute three different version of Backtrack 3:
- CD version
- USB version
- VMWare version
You can download BackTrack 3 Final here:
Or read more here.
- Drones, Tor & Remailers – The Story Of A High-Tech Kidnapping
- U.S. State Department Hacked
- Kali Linux – The Most Advanced Penetration Testing Linux Distribution
- BackTrack Final 4 Released – Linux Security Distribution
- BackTrack 5 Released – The Most Advanced Linux Security Distribution & LiveCD
- BackTrack 4 Pre Release Available For Download
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,154,970 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 605,681 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 425,603 views