Another protection for those building website and web applications, as it’s the the most common attack vector nowadays I think it’s important to be extra safe on this front.
PHPIDS (PHP-Intrusion Detection System) is a simple to use, well structured, fast and state-of-the-art security layer for your PHP based web application. The IDS neither strips, sanitizes nor filters any malicious input, it simply recognizes when an attacker tries to break your site and reacts in exactly the way you want it to. Based on a set of approved and heavily tested filter rules any attack is given a numerical impact rating which makes it easy to decide what kind of action should follow the hacking attempt.
This could range from simple logging to sending out an emergency mail to the development team, displaying a warning message for the attacker or even ending the user’s session.
PHPIDS enables you to see who’s attacking your site and how and all without the tedious trawling of logfiles or searching hacker forums for your domain. Last but not least it’s licensed under the LGPL!
You can see a demo here were you can try some injections or XSS and see the warnings.
Download the latest version of PHPIDS here:
There are other versons for Drupal and WordPress on the download page.
Or read more here.
- Passera – Generate A Unique Strong Password For Every Website
- HoneyDrive 3 Released – The Premier Honeypot Bundle Distro
- Codesake::Dawn – Static Code Analysis Security Scanner For Ruby
- .NETIDS – .NET Intrusion Detection System
- psad – Intrusion Detection and Log Analysis with iptables
- Samhain v.2.5.9c – Open Source Host-Based Intrusion Detection System (HIDS)
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,085 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 116,978 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,546 views