A UK firm Virtuity has created data protection software called BackStopp which comes with ’self-destruct’ technology based on Wi-Fi and RFID tags that starts to run as and when a laptop is moved from its designated space.
So in layman’s terms, if the laptop is moved from its permitted zone (which is set by the user) Backstopp sends out a self-destruct message to block access and ultimately destroy data, locating the laptop using Wi-Fi and radio frequency identification technology. What’s even cooler is that any laptop featuring an in-built webcam will be prompted to start taking photographs to help identify the thief.
There are millions of people out there who keep very secure data on their laptops which, if fallen into the wrong hands can cause damage to a lot of people. This FBI/CIA type security tool brings advanced security to all laptops users at a very affordable price of £10 per laptop per month.
- Scumblr by Netflix – Automatically Scan For Leaks
- WP Security Audit Log – A Complete Audit Log Plugin For WordPress
- Amazon AWS Web Application Firewall (WAF ) Launched
- A Forensic Analysis of the Lost Veteran’s Administration Laptop
- US Veterans Information Leaked on The Web
- Veterans Administration Chief Says Laptop Recovered
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,753 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,492 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,642 views